Sunday, November 29, 2009

Things About The Girl Who Blogs Here

I'm being friends with this cool girl who has a blog that's introspectivy with words, not with drawings like me. That is not how we roll here at She Sure is Sketchy, but I like it. Jerry and I kicked back and watched about five hours of In the Actor's Studio the other day. Here is the marriage of the two.

(sometimes I sit in studio audiences)
This is my stab at Jimmy James Lipton's ten questions.

  1. What is your favorite word? magic
  2. What is your least favorite word? Don't
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Tracy effing Chapman
  4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? rules
  5. What sound or noise do you love? the tearing of velcro, the clip clop of stilleto heels on cobblestone, always and forever the crash of the sea on the sand
  6. What sound or noise do you hate? angry yelling, Chris Martin, canned laughter
  7. What is your favorite curse word? I'm particularly fond of the word 'bitch'. example: This rain is a total bitch.
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd like to work with animals maybe in a zoo, but maybe in the wilds of Africa
  9. What profession would you not like to do? I would hate to be a lawyer and have to defend things that I have to know are bad or wrong
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Well, look that wasn't that hard, was it?
So here's where I should probably stop, but everyone is doing this 25 things on facebook. I haven't decided how I feel about that kind of sharing on that site. I feel much more at ease sharing on my blog. I have been thinking about some random things about me and sense I am being introspectivy today. I thought I'd get it kicking here for a horse of a different color.
  • I want to hate Katy Perry. I just can't. This annoys me.

  • I'm terrified by heights and escalators.

  • I know how to make horse shoes

  • I'm actually really effing good at making horse shoes

  • If I could take any work of fiction, film, musical score or character that's ever been and claim it as my own, I'd pick Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes and I wouldn't think twice.

  • When I was five I used to go to the bathroom in kindergarten and cry uncontrollably while I slid down the wall ala Lifetime Movie. Usually my tears were for the world. The most memorable time I cried because the whales were going extinct and my future children might never see whales

  • I cared a lot more about my future children at five than I do now. Hand me that electric blanket.

  • I still believe in Santa Claus.

  • I can tie a cherry stem with my tongue. Twin Peaks inspired me to add this to my repertoire. I don't really like cherries, but I like being able to do this.

  • My BFA is in film with an emphasis in animation. I always thought I'd use this to create an independent masterpiece of genius. Lately I just really want to direct a GAP commercial.

  • Growing up my bedroom was closer to the beach than it was to the living room. I'm sometimes envious of kid-me.

  • I have the movie 'The Parent Trap' memorized in its entirety

  • I fall in love at first sight

  • I have a book of tattoo ideas in my sock drawer

  • I have no tattoos

  • I sleep in the shape of the letter K

  • I can't seem to pass a golden retriever without stopping to shake hands and make their acquaintance

  • I have a weakness for the kind of boys that can pull off Buddy Holly glasses.

  • You can bet your ass I would never ever spell Panic! At The Disco without the exclamation point.

  • I moved to NYC at 18 for the music and the art. That's why I'm still here. Also cheese shops on Smith.

  • I'm crazy allergic to mangos.

  • I have a novel half way written in a sketchbook at the bottom of a pillowcase. It's called "surviving ebola".

  • I would rather my jewelry be plastic or platinum

  • I pick up six pack tops of soda cans when I am walking in the city and when I get home I slash them to bits

  • someday I'm going to sail the world
OK that's enough introspection for forever. Sheesh this is exhausting no wonder She Sure is Sketchy is more about the ART.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails