Sunday, October 18, 2009

In Memoriam

This was a really hard weekend for me. I blame the weather. It must have been frigid October rain that pushed our newly departed and totally unwelcome house-guest into our lovely little, previously flawless apartment.

The last two horrible days have involved lots of running, the occasional scream and much fasting. If I wanted to commit a crime this evening I could without fear of ever being caught. The constant hand scrubbing with Brillo pads rendered me completely untraceable.
Fingerprints? What fingerprints?
This no good, very bad weekend involved a mouse trap. And guilt. Lots and lots and lots of guilt.
Then there was some more guilt.

Followed by some guilt.
I may or may not have cried in the cleaning aisle at Associated.I'm sorry Algerman. So sorry.

P.S. I am sorry if this blog post made you want to barf.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Amber-girl,

I know how sincere you are in this, and I love you dearly for it. Sometimes life is SO hard. Too much Gus-Gus in your childhood. Sorry, but not??? I know you will survive, you New Yarker. Love x infinity...The Mom.

)en said...

i lol'ed @ the last line.

sorry about the horrible weekend. the weather was the pits. and i hate killing mice and know the guilt.

word verification: thskitti. this has to mean something.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails