Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Page from My Book

I've been doing a lot of sketching with my Tombow Markers these days. If they were a boy I would marry them. Seriously. I have no complaints and you know that is seldom the case with the men I date. ;) These Tombow markers are the greatest. They allow for a varied line and weight. They're comfortable in your hand and skinny enough to shove into just about any purse or clutch. Of course they're Acid free. The brush part rivals any other brush pen I use, it keeps its point crispy and perfect for ages. In addition they have that other side with its little nubby point that is perfect for writing, note taking and less brushy sketching.
I thought I'd show you something straight from the book today. These days I'm filling pages to the brim. My dad and I had this fantastic father/daughter talk a few weeks ago about the preciousness of paper. I'm happy to report it has me living Greener than ever. That's saying something because I've been hugging trees since the eighties- trust me that was when it was weird, wayyyy before it was cool.

2 comments:

Beth L said...

always love your sketches and what just flows from your brain...and my mom would be so proud of you!
I was raised on The Preciousness of Paper as a basic fundamental...I would hold a drawing up and say "look Mommy I'm done" and she would correct me and point out white areas on the page. A piece wasn't finished until ALL the white areas were full. After I filled them in she would finally ooh and aaaw and post it on the fridge or save it in a box forever (I still have that box) and only then would she give me a fresh piece of paper to draw on.
That's where I got my tree-hugging money-saving design style that has driven art directors batty my entire professional life...

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and LOVE it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails