Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lee Lee's Valise is Hot Stuff

A while ago I posted about a new client I have been working with to create a line of fuller figured illustrations. After a bit of a struggle and a lot of development work I must say I am tickled with the result. My client, Lisa Dolan, owner of 'Lee Lee's Valise,' the hit new boutique that's creating a stir everywhere, was a dream to work with. I didn't design the antique cameo logo, which has been with Lee Lee's Valise since it's grand opening last Spring. It was important that we work the logo into the illustration in a flattering way since it's integral to the store's branding and name recognition. Lisa's store has been on 'What Not to Wear' multiple times. She's always getting new girls who come running to the boutique after an episode airs looking for the store's cameo and chandeliers which that she's known by. I think that they add the perfect touch of class to this sassy, sexy sweet campaign.
Here's the very final sketch of this illustration that I carried away from a meeting with Lisa. Most of the sketching happens in my art studio, the notes all happen during our face to face consultations. I'm afraid I'm going to get spoiled by the novelty of actually sketching in front of a client where we can discuss details and make everything perfectly clear in person. Another exciting part of this campaign is that the silhouettes and many of the accessories in the illustrations are based off of clothes that Lisa actually has in the store! The particular temptress you see above is wearing Tadashi, this line of gowns is in the store now, so run, don't walk! Now that it's pretty obvious that I'm stoked on this gig I'm going to go back to sketching.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails